some of the spec for galaxy tab......
- 7-inch TFT touchscreen display (1024 by 600 pixels resolution)
- Weight of 13 ounces, or “about the weight of an unopened can of soda.”
- Thanks to its lithe figure, it fits into the back pocket of your jeans, or the inside pocket of a blazer.
- It runs on the Google Android 2.2 (Froyo) operating system.
- Thanks to Android 2.2, it supports Adobe Flash 10.1
- It has two cameras: a 3-megapixel one on the back (with flash, DVD-quality video) and a 1.3-megapixel one on the front for videoconferencing and chat functionality.
- It uses a 1GHz Hummingbird processor
- It has 16 gigabytes of on-board memory. It’s also expandable
- It supports DLNA sharing and streaming among supported devices (TVs, laptops)
- It carries a battery that’s rated for 7 hours of video playback.
- A Wi-Fi-only model is coming “in the near future.”
- Optional accessories include an external keyboard, docking station with HDMI port and a car dock.
- Audio and video content comes via Samsung’s new Media Hub.
- It’s available on all four U.S. carriers: Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile.
a little info for iPad...
- Height: 9.56 inches (242.8 mm)
- Width: 7.47 inches (189.7 mm)
- Depth: 0.5 inch (13.4 mm)
- Weight: 1.5 pounds (.68 kg) Wi-Fi model; 1.6 pounds (.73 kg) Wi-Fi + 3G model
Sounds a tad heavy to us, certainly heavier than the Kindle. Will we be happy lugging it around? Reading it while lying in bed?
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024-by-768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously